This archive contains current and previous announcements of what’s new on the site.
To stay on top of Flutter announcements, including breaking changes, join the flutter-announce Google group.
February 26, 2019
In addition, here are some recent new docs:
- We’ve updated our state management advice. New pages include an introduction, thinking declaratively, ephemeral vs app state, simple app state management, and different state management options. Documenting state management is a tricky thing, as there is no one-size-fits-all approach. We’d love your feedback on these new docs!
- A new page on Performance best practices.
- Also at MWC, we announced a preview version of the new Dart DevTools for profiling and debugging Dart and Flutter apps. You can find the docs on the DevTools wiki. In particular, check out the DevTool’s Flutter widget inspector for debugging your UI, or the timeline view for profiling your Flutter application. Try them out and let us know what you think!
- An update to the Performance profiling page that incorporates the new Dart DevTools UI.
- Updates to the Android Studio/IntelliJ and VS Code pages incorporating info from the new Dart DevTools UI.
If you have questions or comments about any of these docs, file an issue.
November 5, 2018
Welcome to the revamped Flutter website!
We’ve spent the last few months redesigning the website and how its information is organized. We hope you can more easily find the docs you are looking for. Some of the changes to the website include:
- Revised front page
- Revised showcase page
- Revised community page
- Revised navigation in the left side bar
- Table of contents on the right side of most pages
Some of the new content includes:
- Deep dive on Flutter internals, Inside Flutter
- Technical videos
- State management
- Background Dart processes
- Flutter’s build modes
If you have questions or comments about the revamped site, file an issue.