What is DevTools?
DevTools is a suite of performance and debugging tools for Dart and Flutter. It’s currently in preview release, but is under active development.
What can I do with DevTools?
Here are some of the things you can do with DevTools:
- Inspect the UI layout and state of a Flutter app.
- Diagnose UI jank performance issues in a Flutter app.
- Source-level debugging of a Flutter or Dart command-line app.
- Debug memory issues in a Flutter or Dart command-line app.
- View general log and diagnostics information about a running Flutter or Dart command-line app.
We expect you to use DevTools in conjunction with your existing IDE or command-line based development workflow.
How do I install DevTools?
How do I try DevTools written in Flutter?
To test the alpha version of DevTools written in Flutter, click the “beaker” icon in the upper-right corner of DevTools. This will launch DevTools running on Flutter web. This version is in early preview with only the inspector tab feature complete. It is under active development.
Please give DevTools a try, provide feedback, and file issues in the DevTools issue tracker. Thanks!
For more information on using DevTools with Dart command-line apps, see the DevTools documentation on dart.dev.