What is DevTools?
DevTools is a suite of performance and debugging tools for Dart and Flutter. It’s currently in beta release, but is under active development.
What can I do with DevTools?
Here are some of the things you can do with DevTools:
- Inspect the UI layout and state of a Flutter app.
- Diagnose UI jank performance issues in a Flutter app.
- CPU profiling for a Flutter or Dart app.
- Network profiling for a Flutter app.
- Source-level debugging of a Flutter or Dart app.
- Debug memory issues in a Flutter or Dart command-line app.
- View general log and diagnostics information about a running Flutter or Dart command-line app.
We expect you to use DevTools in conjunction with your existing IDE or command-line based development workflow.
How do I install DevTools?
Please give DevTools a try, provide feedback, and file issues in the DevTools issue tracker. Thanks!
For more information on using DevTools with Dart command-line apps, see the DevTools documentation on dart.dev.