Set up your environment and start building.
Dip into the rich set of Flutter widgets available in the SDK.
Bookmark the API reference docs for the Flutter framework.
Browse the cookbook for many easy Flutter recipes.
Check out the Flutter examples.
View the many videos on the Flutter Youtube channel.
What’s new on this site
To stay on top of Flutter announcements, including breaking changes, join the flutter-announce Google group.
Dec 11, 2019, Flutter Interact Edition
Flutter 1.12 is live!
For more information, see Flutter: the first UI platform designed for ambient computing, Announcing Flutter 1.12: What a year! and the Flutter 1.12.13 release notes.
Docs added and updated since the last announcement include:
- To accompany an updated implementation of add-to-app, we have added documentation on how to add Flutter to an existing app for both iOS and Android.
- If you own plugin code, we encourage you to update to the new plugin APIs for Android. For more information, see Migrating your plugin to the new Android APIs.
- Web support has moved to the beta channel. For more information, see Web support for Flutter and Web support for Flutter goes beta on the Medium publication. Also, the building a web app with Flutter page is updated.
- A new write your first Flutter app on the web codelab is added to the Get started docs, and includes instructions on setting breakpoints in DevTools!
- We’ve introduced a program for recommending particular Dart and Flutter plugins and packages. Learn more about the Flutter Favorite program.
- A new implicit animations codelab is available featuring DartPad. (To run it, you don’t need to download any software!)
- Alpha support for MacOS (desktop) is now available in release 1.13 on the master and dev channels. For more information, see Desktop support for Flutter.
- The iOS section of the app size page is updated to reflect the inclusion of bitcode.
- An alpha release of Flutter Layout Explorer, a new feature (and part of the Flutter inspector) that allows you to explore a visual representation of your layout is available. For more information, see the Flutter Layout Explorer docs.
- A brand new version of Flutter Gallery. There’s a link to the runnable sample in the side nav under Samples & Tutorials.
New to Flutter?
- Building layouts
- Learn how to create layouts in Flutter, where everything is a widget.
- Adding interactivity to your Flutter app
- Learn how to add a stateful widget to your app.
- A tour of the Flutter widget framework
- Learn more about Flutter’s react-style framework.
- Get the answers to frequently asked questions.
First up, why use Flutter? What makes it different than other app frameworks?
How is Flutter different for app development?
Flutter in Focus: Learn Flutter features in 10 minutes or less.
Flutter in Focus playlist
In Flutter, “everything is a widget”! If you want to better understand the two kinds of widgets, Stateless and Stateful, see the following videos, part of the Flutter in Focus series.
Want to skill up?
If you learn best by watching engineers write code, make mistakes, and fix them, check out the Boring Flutter Show video series:
You might also find these docs useful: