Set up your environment and start building.
Dip into the rich set of Flutter widgets available in the SDK.
Bookmark the API reference docs for the Flutter framework.
Browse the cookbook for many easy Flutter recipes.
Check out the Flutter examples.
View the many videos on the Flutter Youtube channel.
What’s new on the site
To stay on top of Flutter announcements, including breaking changes, join the flutter-announce Google group.
Sept 10, 2019
Flutter 1.9 is live!
For more information, see Flutter news from GDD China: uniting Flutter on web and mobile, and introducing Flutter 1.9 and the 1.9.1 release notes.
For the 1.9 release, Flutter’s web support has been merged (“unforked”) into the main repo. Web support hasn’t reached beta, and is not ready to be used in production. Web and desktop support (which is also coming), will impact the website, which was originally written exclusively for developing Flutter mobile apps. Some website updates are available now (and listed below), but more will be coming.
New and updated docs on the site include:
- The Flutter layout codelab has been rewritten and uses the updated DartPad, the browser-based tool for running Dart code. DartPad now supports Flutter! Try it out and let us know what you think.
- The Performance view tool, which allows you to record and profile a session from your Dart/Flutter application, has been enabled in DevTools. For more information, see the Performance view page.
- A new page on building a web application.
- A new page on creating responsive apps in Flutter.
- A new page on preparing a web app for release.
- A new web FAQ.
- The Flutter for web page is updated.
Other relevant docs:
- Error messages have been improved in SDK 1.9. For more information, read Improving Flutter’s Error Messages on the Flutter Medium publication.
- If you already have a web app that depends on the flutter_web package, the following instructions tell you how to migrate to the flutter package: Upgrading from package:flutter_web to the Flutter SDK.
New to Flutter?
- Building layouts
- Learn how to create layouts in Flutter, where everything is a widget.
- Adding interactivity to your Flutter app
- Learn how to add a stateful widget to your app.
- A tour of the Flutter widget framework
- Learn more about Flutter’s react-style framework.
- Get the answers to frequently asked questions.
Flutter in Focus: Learn Flutter features in 10 minutes or less.
Flutter in Focus playlist
In Flutter, “everything is a widget”! If you want to better understand the two kinds of widgets, Stateless and Stateful, see the following videos, part of the Flutter in Focus series.
Want to skill up?
If you learn best by watching engineers write code, make mistakes, and fix them, check out the Boring Flutter Show video series:
You might also find these docs useful: