Set up your environment and start building.
Dip into the rich set of Flutter widgets available in the SDK.
Bookmark the API reference docs for the Flutter framework.
What’s new on the site
February 26, 2019
In addition, here are some recent new docs:
- We’ve updated our state management advice. New pages include an introduction, thinking declaratively, ephemeral vs app state, simple app state management, and different state management options. Documenting state management is a tricky thing, as there is no one-size-fits-all approach. We’d love your feedback on these new docs!
- A new page on Performance best practices.
- Also at MWC, we announced a preview version of the new Dart DevTools for profiling and debugging Dart and Flutter apps. You can find the docs on the DevTools wiki. In particular, check out the DevTool’s Flutter widget inspector for debugging your UI, or the timeline view for profiling your Flutter application. Try them out and let us know what you think!
- An update to the Performance profiling page that incorporates the new Dart DevTools UI.
- Updates to the Android Studio/IntelliJ and VS Code pages incorporating info from the new Dart DevTools UI.
If you have questions or comments about any of these docs, file an issue.
New to Flutter?
- Flutter for Android developers
- Review these tips if you have Android experience.
- Flutter for iOS developers
- Review these tips if you have iOS experience.
- Flutter for Web developers
- Review these HTML -> Flutter analogs if you have web experience.
- Flutter for React Native developers
- Review these tips if you have React Native experience.
- Flutter for Xamarin.Forms developers
- Review these tips if you have Xamarin Forms experience.
- Building layouts in Flutter
- Learn how to create layouts in Flutter, where everything is a widget.
- Adding interactivity to your Flutter app
- Learn how to add a stateful widget to your app.
- A tour of the Flutter widget framework
- Learn more about Flutter’s react-style framework.
- Get the answers to frequently asked questions.
Want to skill up?
Once you’ve mastered the basics, try these pages.
- A (growing) collection of recipes that address common Flutter use cases.
- Sample apps on GitHub
- A (growing) collection of sample apps that show Flutter best practices.
- Adding assets and images in Flutter
- How to add resources to a Flutter app.
- Animations in Flutter
- How to create standard, hero, or staggered animations, to name a few animations styles that Flutter supports.
- Navigation and routing
- How to create and navigate to a new screen (called a route in Flutter).
- Go global! How to internationalize your Flutter app.
- Effective Dart
- Guides on how to write better Dart code.
Dive deeper into topics that interest you.
- Flutter Widget inspector
- How to use the widget inspector, a powerful tool that allows you to explore widget trees, disable the “DEBUG” banner, display the performance overlay, and much more.
- Custom fonts
- How to add new fonts to your app.
- Text input
- How to set up basic text input.
- Debugging Flutter apps
- Tools and tips for debugging your app.
This is not a complete list. Please use the left navigation, or the search field to find other topics.